Saturday, February 12, 2011

Admiration

I have the best friends on the planet. I'm sure of it. I also have the most diverse group of friends I've ever seen. I have a lot of respect for my closest friends and there are things about each of them I admire greatly. Here are a few, in no particular order (and I'm not naming names for fear of leaving someone out.)

You always have been able to make me laugh. No matter what's going on... I know I can count on you for a smile.

I admire your energy.

I appreciate that you never complain. About anything. Ever. I am determined to become more like this.

You never have a negative word to say about anyone. Again, something I wish I could say about myself. You're so patient and kind hearted. The world would be a better place if more people were like you.

You're always uplifting.

You mean it when you say, "Call me if you need anything."

You've taken on responsibility that would have never been expected of you, and even though it doesn't always make life easy... you're making someone else's life better by your actions. I respect you for that.

You are yourself 100% of the time - even when people don't like it. You've taught me to be a stronger person and more comfortable with who I am than anyone I know.

You have the most generous, giving spirit.

You know exactly where you're supposed to be in life and you appreciate the blessings that you've been given. You're patient and gentle and so sweet. This makes you one of the most beautiful women I know.

You love your friends unconditionally.

You're not swayed by public opinion.

You're one of the hardest working people I know.

You're a phenomenal mother.

You're a fantastic father.

You've overcome some of the most tragic heartbreak I've ever witnessed and you're a stronger man because of it.

You can engage in debate without resorting to name calling, belittling or berating.

You're full of creativity and it's beautiful.

You've all inspired me in ways that I cannot fully express.

Thank you for loving me. Thank you most of all for being you.

I love you.

"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."

"Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you." - Oscar Wilde.

No comments:

Post a Comment